Spicy pumpkin cake is an absolute must for fall, and when covered with smooth cream cheese frosting, it’s hard to justify serving it exclusively during one season.
You’ll want to make it year-round because pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting is absolutely delicious.Jump to Recipe
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Pumpkin Cake
Free Printable Recipe for Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, melted and cooled
- 1 can 15 ounces pure pumpkin puree
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 brick 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream may substitute half and half or whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup chopped walnuts optional
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt butter, and set aside to come to room temperature.
- Grease and flour 17×12 inch sheet pan, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves in a large bowl, and whisk until completely mixed.
- In another large bowl, beat eggs and sugars until light and bubbly. Add cooled butter, and beat for another minute. Then mix in pumpkin until completely incorporated. Add dry ingredients, and stir just until fully combined.
- Spread into greased baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, and beat until fluffy. Spread over cooled cake and sprinkle with chopped walnuts, if desired. Tightly cover leftovers, and keep in the fridge.