The citrus and tropical flavor of this sauce make it a perfect compliment for ham. It’s quick and super easy to make, but no one needs to know your secret.
Drain 1 or 2 tablespoons of juice from the canned pineapple. Add 2 tablespoons of frozen orange juice concentrate and the cornstarch, and stir until all lumps are dissolved.
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate (don’t add water)
- ½ tablespoon corn starch
- Drain about 2 tablespoons of juice from the pineapple then pour the rest of the can into a sauce pan.
- Add the frozen juice to the pineapple juice and mix in the corn starch
- Add the brown sugar to the pineapple in the pan.
- Stirring constantly, bring the pineapple and sugar to a boil.
- Stir in the juice, and boil for 2 minutes, continuing to stir constantly.
- Serve with ham.