I love lemon desserts, especially when the tart acidity is balanced by some creaminess. Lemon Mousse is the perfect combination of sweet, tart, and creamy.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Lemon Mousse
Free Printable Recipe for Lemon Mouss
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice approximately 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest approximately 1 lemon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Remove 1 tablespoon zest, and then squeeze ¼ fresh lemon juice (you should be able to get it from 1 medium to large lemon). Set aside.
- In a bowl, over a double boiler set to medium heat, whisk together egg yolks and sugar. Slowly add lemon juice, while whisking constantly. Continuing to whisk, cook until just about to boil, and remove from heat. Add lemon zest, and then transfer to another bowl to cool completely. (It will cool more quickly out of the hot pan.)
- Whip cream with powdered sugar until it forms peaks. Fold in cooled lemon curd. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Makes 8 (1/3 cup) servings.