Chocolate Mousse Pie is a perfect summer dessert. It’s cold, light, gorgeous, and CHOCOLATE! What more could you want? My daughter called it Hobbit Pie because you’ll go there and back, again. I agree.
You can use milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate for the mousse and ganache, so Chocolate Mousse Pie is easily adaptable to any chocolate intensity preference. 🙂
Plus, it’s DELICIOUS!
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Chocolate Mousse Pie
While the crust is setting up, make the mousse filling as follows:
Free Printable Recipe for Chocolate Mousse Pie
- 25 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- ¾ teaspoon unflavored gelatin powder
- 6 ounces chocolate (milk or semi-sweet), chopped in pieces
- 1 and ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 9 ounces dark chocolate, chopped in pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine Oreo crumbs with melted better, and mix thoroughly. Press into bottom of 8-inch
- spring-form pan. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- Stir gelatin into hot water, and dissolve for 5 minutes.
- Heat ½ cup cream in microwave for 60-90 seconds, until scalding but not boiling. Stir in sugar, and dissolved gelatin. Pour over 6 ounces chopped chocolate, and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Stir until completely combined, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whip remaining cup of cream until stiff. Fold into chocolate, and gently incorporate. Pour onto cooled crust, and spread evenly. Refrigerate 1-2 hours until set.
- In small bowl, combine chocolate with butter. Heat ¾ cup cream in microwave for 60-90 seconds, until scalding but not boiling. Pour over chocolate, and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Stir until completely combined, and allow to cool to room temperature. Spread over set mousse, and return to fridge for another hour.
- Slice and serve as is or with fresh berries or whipped cream.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.