Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies are a dressed-up version of my favorite Oatmeal Cookie recipe. The bling being dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
The cranberries and white chocolate are a perfect compliment to the flavor of these cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- ½ cup coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries or craisins
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, oats, coconut, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together sugars and shortening until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes at high speed). Add eggs, and beat for another 2 or 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl frequently. Add dry ingredients, and mix just enough to incorporate. Fold in craisins and white chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks.
- Yields 48 (3-inch) cookies