This delicious Cheesy Chicken Tamale Pie recipe is bursting with flavors and textures! Plus it’s quick and easy to prepare, and it’s hearty and satisfying.For a quick and easy family dinner, you just can’t beat Cheesy Chicken Tamale Pie. Garnish it with sour cream or my favorite Cilantro-Ranch Dressing recipe which you can find by clicking HERE. YUM!
Cheesy Chicken Tamale Pie
Write a review
- 1 box (8.5 ounces) corn muffin mix
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ½ c cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups salsa, divided
- ½ cup enchilada sauce
- 3 cups shredded mixture cheddar and jack cheese
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Sour cream, salsa, guacamole, enchilada sauce etc for garnish
- Grease round (12-inch) baking dish or skillet, and preheat oven to 400 degrees, F.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, sauté onions in olive oil until tender (about 5 minutes). Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Stir in taco seasoning. Add chicken and 1 cup salsa, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-size bowl, combine corn muffin mix, buttermilk, egg, corn and melted butter. Mix until evenly combined, and spread into prepared pan. Pour remaining 1 cup salsa over top, and spread evenly. Add chicken mixture, and top with cheeses.
- Cover with foil, and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil, and bake for another 2-5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, and serve with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, or your favorite Mexican sauce.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/