It’s summer, and it’s HOT outside! This is the time of year when it’s really hard for me to get motivated to cook, and a salad sounds so wonderful. This salad has it all., and it’s super quick and easy to make. It’s loaded with lots of yummy ingredients, but if you don’t like one (some) of them, just leave it (them) out. The salad will still be incredible! The dressing is sweet and tangy, and the whole thing tastes delicious.
I add cooked chicken breast. It turns a side salad into a full summer-time meal. You could use canned chicken, if you want, or here are instructions for cooking fresh, moist chicken breast.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 bag (16 ounces) shredded cabbage or cole slaw mix
- ¾ cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 package dry Ramen noodles, broken into bite-size pieces.
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and whisk until thickened and completely mixed.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients, and toss together. Drizzle dressing on top, and mix well. Serve immediately