I’ve made this simple chicken salad so many times! People request that I bring it to parties and showers. It’s quick, easy, and delicious. When I tell people the recipe, they always seem surprised. I guess they were expecting some super secret special ingredients or techniques. Nope!
My “secret” is that I only use breast meat. If you want directions for how to prepare the chicken so that it’s moist and tender, click here: PREPARING CHICKEN Other than that, it’s straight-forward, quick and easy.
- 4 cups chopped chicken breast meat
- 2 cups sliced grapes
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise (more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika, and mix until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl combine chicken, grapes, celery, and almonds, and toss together. Pour dressing over all, and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Mix again just before serving, and if it seems too dry, stir in more mayonnaise.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, or on rolls.