This quick quiche recipe is basically a cheater’s version of quiche, but it tastes wonderful. The base of an authentic quiche is heavy cream, cheese and eggs. It does NOT include Bisquick in the ingredient list (which this recipe DOES). Since this isn’t the real deal, I use milk instead of cream. Feel free to make that substitution, but I don’t find it necessary. There’s already approximately a ton of butter in this pie, so I figure that covers the milk-fat quota.Anyway, besides tasting great, the reason I love this recipe is that it’s quicker, and it sets up. Authentic French quiche is a custard, and sometimes it doesn’t set. (Don’t misunderstand, I’m not against French Quiche! When you make it correctly, it’s delicious, delightful, delectable, and divine, but that’s another post.) For now, enjoy this lovely impostor.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Quick Quiche
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare a pie crust. You can use a pre-made crust from the grocery store, or try this easy homemade pie crust recipe.
Now make a foil tent to protect the edges of your crust from burning.
Free Printable Recipe for Quick Quiche
- 3 eggs (2 whole and 1 yolk)
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup Bisquick baking mix
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup ham cubed (may use fried, crumbled bacon)
- 1 cup spinach, cooked, drained and squeezed dry or substitute broccoli or asparagus (optional)
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- Sliced cheeses (optional)
- 1 single pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté the onion in the tablespoon of butter until translucent.
- Stir in the ham and continue to sauté until nicely browned.
- Separate one of the eggs and discard the white. Beat the eggs together.
- Add the milk, and beat.
- Add the melted butter, and beat.
- Add the Bisquick, and beat again.
- Lay slices of cheese in the pie crust.
- Layer with spinach (or broccoli or asparagus), then the meat and onion.
- Add another layer of sliced cheese, another layer of the vegetable, followed by another layer of the meat and onion.
- If you don’t want to use sliced cheese or vegetable, just put whatever you want in there.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Cover the edges with foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.