Brigadeiro is a Brazilian candy which is similar to fudge. My mother is Brazilian. She was born and raised in the state of Sao Paulo, and came to the United States in her early twenties. She made Brigadeiro for us every Christmas. It’s a simple recipe, with just 4 ingredients, any one of which I’d be happy to eat by itself. (well, maybe not the butter, but you know what I mean) When you bring those ingredients together and cook them, you create little bites of heaven.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Brigadeiro
Free Printable Recipe for Brigadeiro
Write a review
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whole milk or half and half
- 3 ounces high quality dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- softened butter for greasing your hands
- small paper candy cups
- Butter the bottom and sides of a shallow dish.
- In a heavy six quart saucepan, melt butter.
- Add other ingredients, and stir constantly over medium-low heat.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for several minutes. Stir constantly, and don't turn up the heat. It burns easily.
- When it gets thick enough that you can see the bottom of the pan as you stir, it's ready.
- Pour into the dish, and allow to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Butter your hands, and roll into little bite-size balls.
- Roll the balls in sugar, nuts, coconut, or whatever you wish.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/