This rich caramel sauce is super easy to make, but you’d never guess it from the taste. It’s a wonderful dip for apple slices, and it goes great on ice cream. You can also drizzle it on a slice of un-frosted cake, or dip anything you want into it. The possibilities are endless. You’re gonna be tempted to eat it straight. … In which case, just tell yourself it’s a really soft caramel.
Easy step-by-step directions
Free printable recipe card
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt butter in heavy 3 quart sauce pan.
- Add sugar, corn syrup, condensed milk, and salt.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Let cool for a few minutes then serve with apple slices, on top of ice cream, or however your heart desires
- Yields 2 ½ cups of sauce.