Blueberry mousse is a fresh, light, sweet, tangy treat, and it’s color is gorgeous.
Click here for how to keep those blueberries fresh for several weeks.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Blueberry Mousse
Free Printable Recipe for Blueberry Mousse
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice approximately 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- In a medium sauce pan, combine blueberries and ½ cup sugar, and mash them together. Cook stirring occasionally until jam consistency. Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender. Add lemon juice and gelatin, and return to medium heat, whisking until gelatin dissolves and mixture is hot (not boiling). Remove from heat and pour into another bowl to cool to room temperature. Watch carefully because once it cools, or it will thicken and become difficult to blend.
- Whip heavy cream with powdered sugar on high speed until it forms peaks. Gently fold in blueberry sauce. Cover, or transfer to piping bag, and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight
Makes about 8 (1/3 cup) servings