Of course, you can always make them smaller, and I’ve included baking instructions for both sizes.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Cowboy Cookies
For Large-size Cowboy Cookies:
For Regular-size Cowboy Cookies:
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Line baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In bowl of stand mixer, combine butter and sugars. Beat 2-3 minutes on medium speed, occasionally scraping sides of bowl. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat on high speed for another 2 minutes, scraping bowl. Add dry ingredients, and mix on low speed, just until incorporated. Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut, and pecans, and fold all together.
- For Large Size (4-5 inch) Cowboy Cookies: Drop ¼ cup scoops of dough on prepared baking sheets. Leave at least 3 inches between cookies. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
- For Regular Size (2-3 inch) Cowboy Cookies: Drop 1-inch balls of dough on prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes, and then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling.
Makes 24 (4 ½ inch) cookies or 48 (2 ½ inch) cookies