Russian teacakes are rich, buttery, shortbread type cookies with just a touch of sweetness, which practically melt in your mouth.
Simply put, they’re delicious! I won’t waste your time with a long monologue because you need to start making and eating some Russian teacakes as soon as possible.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Russian Teacakes
Free Printable Recipe for Russian Teacakes
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped pecans optional
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar for rolling
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat, and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine butter, ½ cup powdered sugar, and vanilla, and beat 3 minutes, until fluffy. Gently fold in flour and salt mixture along with the pecans, if using. The dough will be dry and crumbly.
- Roll into 1-inch balls, and place on prepared baking sheet, keeping them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Watch closely because you want them dry but not browned.
- Immediately roll hot cookies in powdered sugar, and place on cooling rack to cool. When completely cool, roll in powdered sugar again.
- Store in air-tight container.
Makes approximately 25 (1-inch) cookies