Easy Step By Step Instruction for Lemon Buttercream Frosting
Free Printable Recipe for Lemon Buttercream Frosting
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
This sweet and tangy frosting tastes like the best lemonade you’ve ever had. It’s sweet, sour, and delicious!
- 1 stick butter softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice 1-2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon heaping lemon zest (1-2 lemons)
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons cream or milk
- 2-3 drops yellow food coloring optional
- Beat butter with juice and zest at medium speed for 2-3 minutes, scraping sides of bowl frequently.
- On low speed, gently beat in powdered sugar until incorporated, and add just enough cream to reach desired consistency and food coloring, if desired. Then beat another 2 minutes, continuing to scrape sides of bowl frequently.
- Spread on anything, or everything, that needs a sweet-tart lift.