Lemon buttercream frosting is sweet and a tiny bit tart, and it tastes like a glass of fresh lemonade.
It adds a delicious pop of flavor to a subtle lemon cake or sugar cookies or graham crackers or whatever you can imagine.
Add it to something this holiday season for a fresh change from all the cinnamon/pumpkin/spice.
Easy Step By Step Instruction for Lemon Buttercream Frosting
Free Printable Recipe for Lemon Buttercream Frosting
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- 1 stick butter softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice 1-2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon heaping lemon zest (1-2 lemons)
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons cream or milk
- 2-3 drops yellow food coloring optional
- Beat butter with juice and zest at medium speed for 2-3 minutes, scraping sides of bowl frequently.
- On low speed, gently beat in powdered sugar until incorporated, and add just enough cream to reach desired consistency and food coloring, if desired. Then beat another 2 minutes, continuing to scrape sides of bowl frequently.
- Spread on anything, or everything, that needs a sweet-tart lift.