Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Chocolate Caramel Graham Ice Cream
Free Printable Recipe for Chocolate Caramel Graham Ice Cream
Chocolate Caramel Graham Canyon Ice Cream
for 1½ quart Ice Cream maker
Ice Cream Ingredients
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Dutch cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk whole, 2%, or even 1/%
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 Deluxe Graham Cookies chopped into small pieces
- 4 full size graham crackers broken into small pieces
- 2 ounces dark chocolate chopped into very fine pieces (optional)
Caramel Sauce Ingredients
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cream
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl whisk together egg yolks and 3 tablespoons sugar, and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat whisk together, ½ cup sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and milk. As soon as the mixture starts to steam, slowly pour about ¼ cup of it into the egg yolks, whisking the yolk mixture vigorously the entire time. Return the chocolate mixture to the heat, and slowly add the yolk mixture, while continuing to whisk. This allows you to incorporate the eggs without causing them to scramble. Bring the entire mixture to a boil, whisking constantly. Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- In a 4 cup measure or bowl, combine heavy cream, half and half, and vanilla. Whisk in the cooled chocolate custard, and stir until completely combined. Chill for 2 hours.
- While the ice cream mixture is chilling, make your caramel sauce by melting ¼ cup butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Add brown sugar, cream, corn syrup and salt. Turn heat up to medium, and bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla. Allow to cool completely.
- Chop Deluxe Grahams, graham crackers, and chocolate, and set aside.
- Churn chocolate mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. When the ice cream is almost done churning, add the chopped Deluxe Graham cookies, broken graham crackers, and chocolate pieces. Spoon ¼ of the ice cream into an airtight freezer container and drizzle ribbons of 1/3 of the caramel sauce over it. Add another ¼ of the ice cream and then another 1/3 of the caramel. Continue layering, ending with the ice cream. Transfer to the freezer for several hours or, ideally, overnight.
For 4 quart machine, triple recipe.