Here’s an easy and healthy way to make homemade oven-baked French fries, and the best part is that they’re delicious!
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Oven-Baked Fries
Free Printable Recipe for Oven-Baked French Fries
Oven-Baked French Fries
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fill a large mixing bowl about 2/3 of the way with ice water, and set aside for a minute.
- Peel potatoes, and slice them into long strips for fries. Choose your thickness, but try to keep them uniform so they can bake evenly. Place the cut fries into the bowl of ice water for 20 minutes, making sure they are COMPLETELY submerged. Stir them around with your hand every 5 minutes or so. This gets the starch out, and it’s an important step.
- While the potatoes are in their ice bath, do the following. Combine Parmesan, salt, garlic powder, and paprika in a gallon size zipper bag. Shake to mix completely.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil, and lightly grease it. A few minutes before it’s time to remove the fries from the water, preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove the potatoes from the ice bath and dry them thoroughly on a dish towel. I pat them with paper towels, as well. Put them all in the bag with the seasonings, close bag, and shake to coat evenly. Open the bag, and drizzle olive oil over seasoned fries. Zip bag, again, and gently knead and shake to evenly distribute oil.
- Place fries on prepared baking sheet in a single layer, making sure that they don’t touch. Bake at 450 degrees for 20-30 minutes depending on thickness. Watch closely after 15 minutes to get a sense of how close they are to being done.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, and then serve hot.