Let’s face it. Vanilla ice cream is basic. Maybe it’s even boring, but all vanilla ice creams are not created equal. This recipe is simple. It uses a few simple ingredients, and it’s really easy to make, but it’s far from boring! This is delicious!
It’s good enough to eat plain, but if you use it as a compliment to something else, like on top of a slice of pie or cake, it’s really next level.
Make some of this vanilla ice cream a week before the holidays, and tuck it away in the freezer. You’ll have a perfect accompaniment for all your delicious desserts!
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Vanilla Ice Cream
Free Printable Recipe for Vanilla Ice Cream
Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2/3 cup hot milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup half and half
- In microwave, heat milk at high power for 45 seconds. Make sure it’s hot, but do NOT boil.
- Make sure it’s hot, but do NOT boil.
- Whisk sugar, vanilla extract, and salt into hot milk until completely dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for two hours until cold.
- Combine vanilla mixture with heavy cream and half and half, and then pour into ice cream maker.
- Churn mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Enjoy it immediately, or transfer to an airtight freezer container, and allow to harden in the freezer.