Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Vanilla Ice Cream
Free Printable Recipe for Vanilla Ice Cream
Vanilla Ice Cream
for 1½ quart Ice Cream maker
- 2/3 cup hot milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup half and half
- In microwave, heat milk at high power for 45 seconds. Make sure it’s hot, but do NOT boil.
- Make sure it’s hot, but do NOT boil.
- Whisk sugar, vanilla extract, and salt into hot milk until completely dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for two hours until cold.
- Combine vanilla mixture with heavy cream and half and half, and then pour into ice cream maker.
- Churn mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Enjoy it immediately, or transfer to an airtight freezer container, and allow to harden in the freezer.
(For 4 quart machine, triple recipe)