I don’t want to brag, but … I’m gonna! Lemon Dream Ice Cream is one of the best things I’ve made, EVER!
If you like fresh lemony treats, or if you like ice cream, you’re gonna want to try this!
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Lemon Dream Ice Cream
Free Printable Recipe for Lemon Dream Ice Cream
Lemon Dream Ice Cream
for 1½ quart Ice Cream maker
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12-15 Golden Oreo cookies broken into pieces
- In a small double boiler bowl, whisk together ½ cup of the sugar, egg yolks, lemon juice, and salt. Fill a double boiler pot with one inch of water. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl when the bowl is inserted in the pot, and turn to medium heat. Place bowl in pot, and whisk constantly. As the mixture starts to thin, whisk in other ½ cup sugar. Whisk and cook until very hot, almost ready to boil, but not boiling. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon zest. Allow to cool completely.
- In 4 cup measure or large bowl, combine milk, half and half, cream and vanilla. Whisk in cooled lemon curd. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Churn mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. When the ice cream is almost done churning, add the chopped Golden Oreos. Enjoy immediately, or transfer to an airtight freezer container, and allow to harden in the freezer.
For 4 quart machine, triple recipe.