If you want all the benefits of key lime pie in an individual size serving, These quick key lime tarts are the answer.
They are just the right size for me, but if you want more, you can always eat two (or three or four …)
With a “cheater crust” these little tarts come together very quickly. So you’ll spend less time making them, allowing for more time enjoying them. Try some quick key lime tarts soon!
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Quick Key Lime Tarts
Quick Key Lime Tarts
- ½ cup fresh key lime juice approximately 18 key limes or juice from common limes
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated lime zest optional, but highly recommended
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 18 Sandies shortbread cookies
- Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners, and place one Sandies shortbread cookie in the bottom of each. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- With a zester, remove 1 tablespoon zest from the lime rinds, and then squeeze ½ cup juice from limes.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk with yolks. Add juice and zest, and let sit until thickened. (about 5 minutes)
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of lime filling into each cookie lined cup.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes until the centers are set, but still wiggle when shaken.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream.