Hot cocoa cookies are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and they taste just like a delicious cup of steaming hot chocolate.
You actually use hot cocoa powder in the mix, which explains both the name and the flavor.
With the addition of marshmallow bits, hot cocoa cookies look as exciting as they taste!
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Hot Cocoa Cookies
Free Printable Recipe for Hot Cocoa Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup hot chocolate mix 4 packets DO NOT USE SUGAR-FREE MIX
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Mallow Bits DO NOT USE MINI MARSHMALLOWS
- Line baking sheets with parchment and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat another 2-3 minutes, scraping sides of bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, hot chocolate mix, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture, and mix just until incorporated. Gently fold in chocolate chips and Mallow Bits. The Mallow Bits are fragile, so vigorous stirring will cause them to disintegrate.
- Scoop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 to 11 minutes. Cool on pans for 3 minutes, and then remove to wire racks.