I love chocolate chip cookies, and I can eat a lot of them. Since that’s not the best thing to do, my daughter, Rebecca, came up with the perfect solution.
The chocolate chip mug cookie. She made a tutorial, and saved it as a highlight on her Instagram. If you’re following her, you can see it at rebeccacaz.
Anyway, this single serving is plenty for one person, and even big enough to share. It satisfies my cravings without the additional temptation of piles of cookies hanging around my kitchen. Plus, they’re so quick and easy to make, I can be enjoying a chocolate chip mug cookie within 5 minutes. WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN!
The texture is somewhere between a brownie and a cupcake, but the taste is all chocolate chip cookie.
So in summary, they’re simple and quick, and they taste great. Here’s how to make one for yourself, right now.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
Free Printable Recipe for Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Dash salt generous
- 1 teaspoon chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe mug or ramekin, whisk melted butter with sugars until completely combined. Add egg yolk and vanilla, and whisk well. Whisk in flour and salt, and stir just until combined. Sprinkle top with chocolate chips, and press some into the batter.
- Microwave on high power for 30-50 seconds. Watch carefully because it will cook fast and then burn.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes, and then enjoy it while it’s still warm.