Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Lemon Tiramisu
Free Printable Recipe for Lemon Tiramisu
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice about 2-3 lemons
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest about 3 lemons – zest the lemons before you juice them
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces mascarpone cream
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 7 ounce package ladyfinger cookies
- 1 cup frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
- 1 cup water
- Zest, then juice lemons to make ½ cup juice and 3 tablespoons zest. (It should take 2-3 medium lemons)
- In a bowl over a double boiler set to medium heat, combine lemon juice, egg yolks, and 1 cup sugar. Whisking constantly, cook until it starts to thicken, but remove from heat before it starts to boil. Whisk in 2 tablespoons lemon zest, and allow to cool completely. Do NOT stir as it’s cooling.
- In medium size mixing bowl, whip cream with 2 tablespoon sugar and vanilla extract until stiff. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat mascarpone cream to break apart. Add cooled lemon curd, and gently fold until completely combined. You can use a mixer on low speed, if necessary.
- In small dish mix lemonade concentrate and water.
- Quickly submerge ladyfinger cookies in lemonade mixture to coat completely, and then line cookies in bottom of 9 x 9 inch pan. Top with half mascarpone/lemon cream, and spread evenly. Spread with half whipped cream. Then repeat layers, with cookies dipped in lemonade, whipped cream, and mascarpone/lemon cream. Sprinkle top with remaining lemon zest.
- Cover tightly, and refrigerate SEVERAL HOURS, overnight or even 2 nights. I think it’s best on the 2nd and 3rd days.