Lemon Tiramisu is our twist on an old classic dessert. It’s light, cool, creamy, and zingy!
If you like lemons and summer and sunshine and cake and happiness, then you’re going to love Lemon Tiramisu! It’s all of those things in a perfect little square.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Lemon Tiramisu
Free Printable Recipe for Lemon Tiramisu
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice about 2-3 lemons
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest about 3 lemons – zest the lemons before you juice them
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces mascarpone cream
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 7 ounce package ladyfinger cookies
- 1 cup frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
- 1 cup water
- Zest, then juice lemons to make ½ cup juice and 3 tablespoons zest. (It should take 2-3 medium lemons)
- In a bowl over a double boiler set to medium heat, combine lemon juice, egg yolks, and 1 cup sugar. Whisking constantly, cook until it starts to thicken, but remove from heat before it starts to boil. Whisk in 2 tablespoons lemon zest, and allow to cool completely. Do NOT stir as it’s cooling.
- In medium size mixing bowl, whip cream with 2 tablespoon sugar and vanilla extract until stiff. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat mascarpone cream to break apart. Add cooled lemon curd, and gently fold until completely combined. You can use a mixer on low speed, if necessary.
- In small dish mix lemonade concentrate and water.
- Quickly submerge ladyfinger cookies in lemonade mixture to coat completely, and then line cookies in bottom of 9 x 9 inch pan. Top with half mascarpone/lemon cream, and spread evenly. Spread with half whipped cream. Then repeat layers, with cookies dipped in lemonade, whipped cream, and mascarpone/lemon cream. Sprinkle top with remaining lemon zest.
- Cover tightly, and refrigerate SEVERAL HOURS, overnight or even 2 nights. I think it’s best on the 2nd and 3rd days.