These decadent peanut butter squares are a no bake peanut butter lover’s dream. They’re rich and salty-sweet with a satisfyingly crisp graham cracker shell and delicious chocolate layers throughout.
They’re quick and easy to put together, and they look really impressive when they’re served. Each square is fairly large, so you could easily cut them in half to make 24 servings; depending upon your tolerance for peanut butter, chocolate, and sugar.
Also, you can make the peanut butter layer half as thick if these are too much for you.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Peanut Butter Squares
Free Printable Recipe for Peanut Butter Squares
Peanut Butter Squares
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 21 ounces milk chocolate you can use chocolate chips if desired
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peanuts for topping
- Line bottom of 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment, and lay out 6 graham crackers on top.
- In microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and 1/4 cup butter. Microwave on high for 30 second intervals, until melted. Stir between each interval. It should take about 90 seconds. Spread 1/3 of the melted chocolate on top of the graham crackers in the pan. Set in refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- In mixer bowl, combine peanut butter, confectioner’s sugar, 1/2 cup butter, and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly mixed. It should be the texture of molding clay (not too dry and not too sticky). Place between two sheets of parchment, and roll into a rectangle about 8 x12 inches and about 1/2 inch thick. Use the parchment to gently transfer it to top the chocolate covered grahams.
- Spread another 1/3 of melted chocolate over peanut butter layer. Top with 6 more graham crackers, and cover with remaining chocolate. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Cut into squares and serve.