These magic cookie bars are one of our all-time favorite desserts. They’re so simple to make, yet they seem really fancy. If you want to dress them up, serve them warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You’ll make some people very happy.
However, these stand alone just fine! The chewy, chocolatey, crunchy, sweet, and salty attributes of magic cookie bars make them extremely satisfying!
It’s probably what makes them magic.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Magic Cookie Bars
Free Printable Recipe for Magic Cookie Bars
Magic Cookie Bars
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs 11 whole crackers
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips semi-sweet, milk, or a combination
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put butter in 13 x 9 inch baking pan, and place in oven to melt as it preheats. Watch carefully that it doesn’t burn.
- Layer remaining ingredients in this order, graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans. Then gently press everything down to flatten. Just for fun, sprinkle the top with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Watch carefully. You want the coconut to look toasted, but not dark.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, cut into squares, and enjoy.