This carrot cake is moist and perfectly sweet. In addition to the obvious carrots, it contains, raisins, nuts, and ground coconut. All of those flavors balance to make something wonderful
With a whipped cream cheese frosting, this carrot cake is delicious!
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Carrot Cake
Spread on each layer, . . .
Free Printable Recipe for Carrot Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coarsely ground coconut
- ½ cup coarsely ground walnuts
- ½ cup coarsely ground raisins
- 16 ounces 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4½ -5 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons warm milk or cream if needed
- Lightly grease and flour (3) 9-inch round cake pans, and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar and oil. Add eggs, and beat well. Mix in grated carrots, and then slowly stir in dry ingredients. Add ground coconut, walnuts, and raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans, and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire racks.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla. If too thick add warm milk or cream, one teaspoon at a time. Spread on each layer, top, and sides. Refrigerate several hours before serving.