Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Carrot Cake
Free Printable Recipe for Carrot Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coarsely ground coconut
- ½ cup coarsely ground walnuts
- ½ cup coarsely ground raisins
- 16 ounces 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4½ -5 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons warm milk or cream if needed
- Lightly grease and flour (3) 9-inch round cake pans, and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar and oil. Add eggs, and beat well. Mix in grated carrots, and then slowly stir in dry ingredients. Add ground coconut, walnuts, and raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans, and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire racks.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla. If too thick add warm milk or cream, one teaspoon at a time. Spread on each layer, top, and sides. Refrigerate several hours before serving.
May also be baked in 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake 25-30 minutes, and cut frosting recipe in half.