Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Fish Tacos
Free Printable Recipe for Fish Tacos
Garlic-Lime Taco Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
Citrus Slaw Ingredients:
- 4 cups thinly shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup thinly shredded red cabbage
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves chopped
Citrus Slaw Dressing Ingredients:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Fish Taco Ingredients
- 1 ½ pound cod fillets cut into strips or bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 24 corn tortillas
- Cilantro lime, avocado for garnish
Garlic-Lime Taco Sauce Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in food processor, and process until very smooth. Pour into a squeeze bottle.
Citrus Slaw Directions:
- Whisk all ingredients for dressing until completely mixed. In a large bowl combine cabbage and cilantro. Toss with dressing.
Fish Taco Directions:
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high. Blot cod with paper towels to make sure it is completely dry, and cut into strips or bite-size pieces. Season on all sides with garlic salt. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet, and sauté fish for two minutes. Turn over, reduce heat to medium, dot tops with remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, and sauté another two minutes. Remove to serving dish, and sprinkle with fresh lime juice.
- Immediately assemble tacos, and enjoy!
I use two tortillas per taco because they fall apart so easily.