Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Lemon Cream Frozen Dessert
Free Printable Recipe for Lemon Cream Frozen Dessert
Lemon Cream Frozen Dessert
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice approximately 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest approximately 2 lemons
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 ounces 54 cookies vanilla wafers, crushed into crumbs
- In a bowl, over a double boiler set to medium heat, cook all ingredients, whisking constantly. Cook until just before boiling. Remove from heat, and allow to cool completely.
- When the curd is cool, spread crushed vanilla wafer cookies in bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking dish (reserving 2 tablespoons of crumbs for top).
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Then beat cream with sugar and vanilla until peaks form. Fold beaten egg whites and lemon curd into cream mixture, and combine completely.
- Carefully pour filling over crumbs, spread gently so crumbs aren’t displaced, and sprinkle top with remaining crumbs.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil, and freeze for several hours or overnight.