These banana chocolate chip cookies are the perfect combination of a muffin and a cookie.
They’re soft … and moist … and not too sweet … so the banana flavor really comes through.
FYI: you could make them without the chocolate chips (GASP! I don’t know why you’d want to do that, but it’s an option, if you were trying to punish yourself or something). 🙂 Of course, walnuts are also optional.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Free Printable Recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups 16 ounces – 3 or 4 whole bananas mashed bananas
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips I use a combination of mini chips and regular-size chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix completely.
- In another large bowl, cream butter and sugars, until light. Add eggs and beat for 2-3 minutes, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in banana and vanilla making sure everything is well mixed.
- Add dry ingredients, and mix just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts (if desired).
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of batter onto prepared pans, and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until desired shade of golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to wire cooling racks.