A few weeks ago, my daughter, Sarah, and I went to an orchard in Payson, Utah and picked peaches. They were soft, sweet, and delicious! I couldn’t wait to get home and make some fresh peach cobbler! It turned out even better than I had hoped, and my husband said that he wants this for his birthday instead of a cake. So I froze some peaches, and now I’ll be able to have more fresh peach cobbler in the winter. If you want to know how to freeze peaches, click here.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Making Peach Cobbler
Free Printable Recipe for Homemade Peach Cobbler
- 5 cups fresh peeled, pitted, and sliced peaches (5-7 whole)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ - 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and melt butter in 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- In medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Peel, pit, and slice peaches, then gently stir in lemon juice and remaining ½ to 1 cup sugar. (Adjust amount depending upon how sweet the peaches are.)
- Add milk to dry ingredients, and stir just to moisten. Pour batter into butter, but do not stir. Top with peaches, and again, do not stir.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden. Cool on wire rack, and serve warm or cold, topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.