A few weeks ago, my daughter, Sarah, and I went to an orchard in Payson, Utah and picked peaches. They were soft, sweet, and delicious! I couldn’t wait to get home and make some fresh peach cobbler! It turned out even better than I had hoped, and my husband said that he wants this for his birthday instead of a cake. So I froze some peaches, and now I’ll be able to have more fresh peach cobbler in the winter. If you want to know how to freeze peaches, click here.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Making Peach Cobbler
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden.
Free Printable Recipe for Homemade Peach Cobbler
- 6 cups fresh peeled pitted, and sliced peaches (7-8 whole)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar divided
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and melt butter in 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- In medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together flour, 1½ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Peel, pit, and slice peaches, then gently stir in lemon juice, almond extract, and remaining ½ cup sugar. (Adjust amount depending upon how sweet the peaches are.)
- Add milk and vanilla to dry ingredients, and stir just to moisten. Pour batter into butter, and gently swirl together. Top with peaches, but do not stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden. Cool on wire rack, and serve warm or cold, topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.