Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Almond Cookies
Free Printable Recipe for Almond Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- Sliced almonds and sparkling sugar for decoration, if desired
- Line baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper, and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and granulated sugar with a fork.
- Cream butter, shortening, and brown sugar together.
- Beat in eggs, cream, and vanilla, and almond extracts
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix just long enough to combine.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, and flatten with bottom of a glass. Decorate tops with sliced almonds, and sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Then transfer to wire racks.
- Yields 5 dozen
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/