Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Homemade Coconut Cake
When the cake is cool, prepare the frosting as follows:
Free Printable Recipe for Coconut Cake
Write a review
INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE
- 1 white cake mix
- 3 or 4 eggs
- 1/3 -1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 ¼ - 1 ½ cups
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 15 oz can cream of coconut
- 2 cups shredded coconut
INGREDIENTS FOR FROSTING
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
DIRECTION FOR CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat 15 x 10 inch baking pan with non-stick spray for baking, (or grease and lightly flour the pan.) If you use a 13 x 9 inch pan, increase bake time according to package directions.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, coconut oil, and coconut milk and beat for 2 minutes.
- Spread in prepared pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool 5-10 minutes.
- Stir the cream of coconut until well blended.
- With a fork, poke holes two thirds of the way through the cake. You don’t want to poke all the way to the bottom. Prick it every inch or so.
- Pour cream of coconut over warm cake and spread evenly.
- Cool completely.
DIRECTIONS FOR FROSTING
- Combine powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, ¼ cup coconut milk, and vanilla, and beat until fluffy.
- Spread on cake, and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- This cake should be covered and kept in the fridge, but it tastes better served at room temperature. Plan accordingly.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/