Chicken and stuffing casserole is a quick, easy, satisfying comfort food. You can substitute turkey for the chicken. So f you happen to have leftover turkey and stuffing, it’s a great way to use it up.
It’s a great weeknight dinner when it’s cold out because chicken and stuffing casserole is hearty.
Easy Step-By-Step Directions for Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
Free Printable Recipe for Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
- 6 cups prepared stuffing
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken (I use breast meat)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- Lightly coat 13 x 9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray, and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream and soup. Add chicken, and stir to combine.
- Spread half of stuffing in bottom of prepared baking dish. Add chicken/soup mixture, and then top with remaining stuffing. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- Serve with cranberry sauce.