This hot fudge sauce is probably the best “food” on earth. Whenever I eat it I wonder why I even bother with other desserts. Okay, so I did put the word “food” in quotations because I know it’s doesn’t have all the nutritional value of a salad, but as far as treats go, it’s incredible. It’s rich, smooth, creamy, thick, and fudgy, and everything about it makes me happy.
I’ve tried it on cakes, cookies, brownies, and of course, ice cream, and every single thing that I’ve added it to has been improved by the association. That’s a pretty great record.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (½ cup chocolate chips)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 3 quart saucepan, over low heat, melt butter. Add remaining ingredients, and turn heat up to medium-low. Stir constantly just until chocolate is completely melted.
- Yields approximately 2 cups