These hearty, chewy, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are the perfect snack! They’ll satisfy a sweet tooth, and make you happy. They’re wonderful!
I used both semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips, but you could use just one or the other. I like them both!
Chewy Choc~Oat~Chip Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Ronald Reginald's vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut
- 2 cups rolled oats, divided (either quick 1-minute or old fashioned, but not instant oatmeal)
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the coconut and 1 cup of the oats in a blender or food processor, and process until the consistency corn meal.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine this meal with the remaining cup oats, the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix completely.
- In another large bowl, cream butter, sugars, and maple syrup until light. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients, and mix just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips (I used 1 cup semi-sweet and 1 cup milk, but I prefer semi-sweet)
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared pans, and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until desired shade of golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to wire cooling racks.
- Yields approximately 4 dozen 3-inch cookies
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/