The other day, my sister-in-law, Kami, brought a pan of Indoor S’mores to a family picinic. They were so delicious, and fun to eat that I had to make some, too. She was kind enough to share her incredible recipe with me, and now you.
By the way, I have to give her a little shout-out because she never fails to bring something new and amazing to family gatherings. Some of my favorite recipes came from her.
If you like treats made from cereal, you’re going to love this! Plus, it’s great to have another fun recipe for those days that you want to make a quick, no-bake dessert.
Indoor S'more Bars
Write a review
- 8 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus ½ teaspoon for greasing pan
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cereal, marshmallows, and mini chocolate chips (if using).
- In a medium-size sauce pan, over low heat, warm butter, corn syrup, chocolate chips, and vanilla. Let warm just until butter and chocolate are melted, stirring constantly. When completely smooth, remove from heat and pour over cereal mixture. Gently stir to coat evenly, and dump into prepared pan. Press firmly into an even layer. Sprinkle with a few more marshmallows and mini chocolate chips (if desired).
- Allow to cool completely (about an hour).
- Cut into squares, and enjoy.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/