On a hot summer’s day, nothing tastes better than fresh homemade raspberry ice cream served up in the form of a cake. It’s cold, refreshing, and delicious!
My sister brought me some lovely fresh raspberries from her yard, and …
… I just couldn’t resist making them into something sweet and cool. Thanks, Suz!
- 3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, washed and partially crushed
- 1 box (14.4 ounce) graham crackers
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream until stiff. Add sweetened condensed milk, sugar, vanilla, and sea salt, and mix until completely combined. Fold in raspberries.
- Line the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan with graham crackers (7-8 whole crackers), and spread one third of the raspberry/cream mixture on top. Cover with another layer of graham crackers, another third of the raspberry mixture, one last layer of crackers, and the remainder of the cream.
- Crush remaining graham crackers, and sprinkle about half (reserve the rest for just before serving) of the crumbs on top. Cover tightly, and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares, garnish with more crumbs and fresh berries, and serve.