Rich chocolate frosting is actually incredibly quick and easy to make, and it tastes so much better than something from a can. It’s worth the effort.
You can make it in about 5 minutes, so why not give it a try?
Write a review
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups butter (3 sticks), softened to room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup milk or cream, warmed to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder, butter, cream cheese, milk (or cream), and vanilla, and beat for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Frost each layer of cake, then the sides, and lastly the top.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- This recipe makes enough to frost a large (9-inch) 3-layer cake. For a 13 x 9 inch pan (with no layers) cut recipe in half.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/