Rich chocolate frosting is actually incredibly quick and easy to make, and it tastes so much better than something from a can. It’s worth the effort.
You can make it in about 5 minutes, so why not give it a try?
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups butter (3 sticks), softened to room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup milk or cream, warmed to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder, butter, cream cheese, milk (or cream), and vanilla, and beat for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Frost each layer of cake, then the sides, and lastly the top.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- This recipe makes enough to frost a large (9-inch) 3-layer cake. For a 13 x 9 inch pan (with no layers) cut recipe in half.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/
In a large mixing bowl combine
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ cups butter (3 sticks), softened to room temperature
4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
½ cup milk or cream, warmed to room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Beat until smooth and creamy.
Rich, Smooth and Creamy
Place 3 strips of waxed paper along edges of cake plate, making sure that they overlap .
Place one layer of the cake in the center of the plate, on top of the wax paper. Make sure that none of the plate is exposed. Scoop ¾ cup of frosting in center of the first layer, and spread evenly to edges.
Place second cake layer directly on top, scoop another ¾ cup of frosting, and spread to edges.
Place last layer of cake on top, and spread frosting around sides.
You can see that some of the frosting got on the wax paper, but that’s about to go away.
Simply, but gently slide them out. It helps if you pull from opposite sides of the cake at the same time because then the cake doesn’t move.
There you have it: a gorgeous cake on a spotless plate! Simple!