It’s summer, and that means firing up the grill. We have some old standby favorites when we cook out, but we’ve also found some new ones. This recipe was brought to us by Lindsey, and it’s a keeper.
The honey glaze is a perfect compliment to the spicy rub, so you’ve got a dynamic flavor combination. Plus, we use boneless, skinless thighs, so it cooks up quickly. You could use boneless, skinless breasts, but I wouldn’t recommend it. because they turn out dry. The thighs are so much juicier.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander seed
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder (or more if you like it hot)
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine all spice rub ingredients, and mix well.
- Trim fat from chicken thighs, and drizzle with oil. Rub with hands to spread evenly. Sprinkle with spices, and use hands to rub into all sides of the chicken. Set aside for 15 minutes, and heat up the grill.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes per side, until cooked thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, while the chicken is cooking, warm the honey in microwave for 30 seconds, and then mix with vinegar. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the glaze for later, and generously brush the rest on both sides of the cooked chicken. Grill for another minute to set the glaze.
- Remove to serving plate, and brush with the reserved 2 tablespoons glaze. Sprinkle with sliced chives, and serve.