Do you know those circus cookie animal crackers with the pink and white icing and lots of colored sprinkles? Well, these are kinda like those, only ASTRONOMICALLY better. They’re not really even in the same league, but that was the best comparison that I could make.
These cookies are crisp and buttery, and the white chocolate is a perfect compliment. Just be aware, these are not sugar cookies: they’re shortbread. Shortbread is more dense, buttery, and less sweet. 🙂
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Colored sprinkles
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats, and preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light. Add flour mixture, and gently fold in by hand. Do not over-mix.
- Roll out dough to about ¼ inch thickness, and cut into stars with 1½ inch cutter. ~ OR ~ Roll dough into 1 inch balls, flatten with fingers, and cut a star from each circle.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes. Watch carefully because you don’t want the edges to brown.
- Immediately place 3 white chocolate chips in the center of each cookies, and allow to melt for 3-5 minutes. Spread chocolate, and top with sprinkles. Remove to wire rack and allow cookies to cool completely and chocolate to set.
- Store in airtight container.