This is almost the same recipe as it’s brother, Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies, but it’s slightly different. It gives you all the deliciousness of the cookies, in the convenient form of a brownie.
Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookie Bars
Write a review
- ¾ cup butter, softened (1 ½ sticks)
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and lightly coat a cookie sheet (17 x 12.5 inch with sides) with non-stick spray for baking.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat softened butter, shortening, and sugars until light. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat another 2-3 minutes until fluffy. Add dry ingredients, and stir just until combined. Add chocolate chips and peanut butter baking pieces, and fold in.
- Spread in prepared baking pan to ½ inch from edge.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minute or until top is dry and starting to crack slightly.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Yields: 48 (2 x 2 inch) squares
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/