Beef and Broccoli
Write a review
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless strip steak
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 6 ounces snow peas
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sugar, ginger, garlic, and pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, sear steak in canola oil. Cook until welled browned; then turn over, and repeat. Pour half the sauce on top of the steak, and turn to coat both sides. Remove from heat, and allow to rest, in the sauce, for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a large mixing bowl with ice water, and set aside. Fill a medium-size sauce-pan with salted water, and bring to a boil. Add broccoli, and boil uncovered for 3-4 minutes. Drain, and immediately dunk into ice water to stop the cooking process and preserve the color, flavor, and texture.
- Boil the snow peas for 1 minute, and dunk them in the ice bath, as well. Drain, broccoli and peas, and pat dry.
- Remove steak from skillet, and slice thinly across grain.
- Toss veggies in skillet, and drizzle with remaining sauce. Top with sliced steak, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/