I’m a push-over for anything chocolate, especially homemade baked goods. So it’s no surprise that I love these cookies!
When I was a kid, they were one of my favorite cookies, but we hardly ever made them. I guess we didn’t keep the peanut butter chips on hand like we did the chocolate ones. So when I got a hankering to bake some cookies (which happened about every-other day), I worked with what we had.
Anyway, now I always keep some peanut butter morsels in my pantry. That way, I can make some of these chewy, chocolaty, heavenly, peanut butter chip cookies any time I want.
Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Write a review
- ¾ cup butter, softened (1 ½ sticks)
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and line baking sheets with parchment or silicone mats.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat softened butter, shortening, and sugars until light. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat another 2-3 minutes until fluffy. Add dry ingredients, and stir just until combined. Add chocolate chips and peanut butter baking pieces, and fold in.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool on sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to wire cooling racks.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/