This version is amazing! I’m not sure if it’s exactly like the Olive Garden’s because it has been a while, but I can tell you that it’s really delicious. It’s definitely going into my regular rotation for family meals.
Tuscan Garlic Chicken
Write a review
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, filleted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine (optional)
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups spinach, chopped
- ½ cup smoked sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken pieces in a zippered plastic bag, and pound with a meat mallet until they’re uniformly about 1/3 inch thick. Then cut each flattened piece in half. Sprinkle with garlic powder and onion powder, and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium. Add olive oil, and allow to warm for one minute, then sauté garlic for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove garlic from pan, and set aside.
- Turn up heat to medium-high, and add chicken pieces. Cook in batches until browned (3-5 minutes per side). Remove from pan, sprinkle with garlic salt, and set aside. Cover with foil.
- Pour chicken broth and white wine (if using) into pan, and bring to a boil, scraping all the brown bits off the pan. Simmer until reduced by half. Return garlic to pan, and stir in cream, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan. Bring back to a boil. Place chicken pieces in sauce, and simmer until sauce is desired thickness. Remove the chicken, again, and stir in spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer just until spinach wilts (2-3 minutes). Return chicken and stir until coated with sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over pasta.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/