My brother, David, is one of the funniest people I’ve ever known. He doesn’t even have to try; he’s just naturally funny. One of the names he calls someone, if they’re doing something ridiculous is “cheese ball.” As in, “That guy is a real cheese ball.” This may not sound funny when I write it, but trust me, if Dave said it, it would be funny.
It’s with a huge grin on my face that I make this post. Maybe that’s why I’m finding everything about this recipe to be fun. It’s fun to make, fun to look at, fun to serve, and FUN TO EAT! It’ll add a “WOW” factor to your Thanksgiving gathering, and I promise, your family/friends/guests will be impressed!
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Making Harvest Ham and Cheddar Cheese Ball
Free Printable Recipe for Harvest Ham and Cheddar Cheese Ball
- ½ pound ham, diced
- 4 green onions
- 2 cups (8 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced onion (dry)
- 1 cup (2 ounces) cheese flavored crackers
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped pecans, optional
- 4 rubber bands (not too stiff)
- In a food processor, pulse the cheese crackers into fine crumbs. Remove, and set aside.
- In the food processor, combine ham and green onion and process until well chopped. Add cheese and pulse until mixed. Add cream cheese, and process until well blended. Salt and pepper to taste. (Depending upon the saltiness of the ham, you may or may not need to season with additional salt.)
- Shape mixture into a ball, and press crumbs into it. Wrap in plastic, and encircle with all 4 rubber bands to form the shape of a pumpkin.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with crackers or veggies.