I can’t believe it’s already November! I love November! I love the cooler autumn weather, the cute autumn clothes, and the wonderful November holiday. Thanksgiving is my favorite! I can’t wait to eat all the yummy food, and I especially can’t wait to eat all the yummy pie!
This is my favorite pecan pie recipe because it’s loaded with nuts, and it’s not too sweet. I’m pretty sure that if squirrels and chipmunks could have a vote, this would be their favorite, as well.However, if you can’t handle this level of pecan overload, reduce the amount. The recipe calls for 4 cups, but you could go all the way down to 1 cup. It would still turn out fine, and it would be a lot less nutty.So … let’s get started.
Easy step-by-step directions
Prepare the pastry. You can buy it, use your own recipe, or use this pie crust recipe. It’s my favorite.
Free Printable Recipe for Pecan Pie
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup corn syrup (light or dark)
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pastry for a single-crust pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Melt the butter and allow it to cool for 20 minutes. Prepare the pastry by rolling it to fit a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, egg yolks, butter, cornstarch, vanilla, and salt, and beat until well mixed.
- Line the crust with 2 cups of pecans. I make sure that all the broken pieces go into the bottom. Pour filling on top, and arrange the remaining 2 cups of pecans on top. Loosely cover with a 12 x 12 inch sheet of foil which has been domed in the center.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. The top should be puffed up and set. Remove from oven, remove foil, and cool on wire rack.