Chocolate Chip Cookies are the BEST! I love them! It’s hard to imagine improving on the BEST, but I always want to try. Here’s a successful example.
If you like sea salt, caramel, and m&ms, I’ve got a new chocolate chip cookie for you. It’s really good! When the weather cools off, warm, chewy, chocolate chip cookies are so delicious. Adding little bites of caramels make them even chewier and so satisfying. Also, the autumn colored m&ms make them perfect for fall get-togethers and parties.
Sea Salt, Caramel, and m&m Cookies are also the BEST.
Sea Salt, Caramel, and m&m Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag (11 ounces) m&ms
- 1 bag (11 ounces) soft caramels, unwrapped and cut into small pieces
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and line baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- Unwrap and chop each caramel into 8 small pieces (about the size of a chocolate chip). Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, and whisk together.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, shortening, and sugars, and cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat for another 2 or 3 minutes. Scrape bowl, and mix in vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, and mix just to combine thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chips, m&ms, and caramel pieces.
- Roll into balls and space evenly on prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, and immediately sprinkle tops with coarse sea salt. Cool in pan for 3 minutes, then remove to wire cooling rack.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/