Sweet Garlic Chicken Breasts
Write a review
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 green onion, sliced for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with foil, and lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- Pound the chicken breasts inside plastic zippered bags until 1 cm thick. Place pieces in foil –lined pan, and drizzle with soy sauce. Then sprinkle with salt.
- Peel and mince garlic.
- In a small frying pan, over medium heat, warm olive oil. Watch carefully that it doesn’t start to smoke. Sauté garlic for one minute, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn. Mix in brown sugar until completely incorporated.
- Top the chicken with the garlic/sugar mixture, and spread to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let chicken rest in the sauce for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sliced green onion, if desired, and serve with rice.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/