Who doesn’t love waffles? These are tender with just a touch of crispiness on the outside, and they taste so good!
White Apron Waffles
Write a review
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Separate the eggs, putting the whites in a medium sized glass or metal mixing bowl. (Don’t use plastic.) Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In a 4-cup measure combine milk, egg yolks, and vanilla. Beat until foamy. Add melted butter, and beat until combined. Pour milk mixture over dry ingredients, and whisk just until combined. Gently fold in whipped egg whites, until almost combined. Don’t try to mix until smooth.
- Following the manufacturer's instructions for your waffle iron, pour the appropriate amount of batter into the hot iron, and cook according to directions until golden. For my iron it takes about 3 ½ minutes per waffle.
- Serve with more butter and warm syrup.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/