I love chocolate, and if I’m being honest, I probably eat some every day. It’s one of my basic food groups. In fact, one of my favorite life philosophies is, “If it’s not chocolate, it’s just a waste of sugar.“ So, it surprises me when I crave something else (and I put white chocolate in the category of something else). … But yesterday, White Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies sounded like exactly what I needed. I was exhausted from a long weekend of traveling, but I couldn’t get this out of my head. I resisted the urge to start baking a few times, but eventually cookies won out over fatigue. Never underestimate the power of cookies! I had all my ingredients on hand because a few months ago, I bought some macadamia nuts and a couple of bars of white baking chocolate. At the time, I was working out an idea for a “Mrs. Fields” type cookie, but the hankering didn’t really hit until yesterday. For some reason, pecans sounded better than macadamias, so I’ll save those for something else. Anyway, these cookies turned out wonderfully! They’re rich and chewy and loaded with crunchy pecans and creamy white chocolate, all satisfyingly encased in a crispy exterior. It’s so gratifying to bite into one, and now that I’ve started writing about them, I want to eat another one. In fact, that’s precisely what I’m going to do. YUM!
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for White Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies
Line baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Free Printable Recipe White Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies
- 3 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- 2 (4 ounce) bars white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment.
- Chop baking chocolate into chunks.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl, and whisk.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugars and butter, and beat until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients, and mix just to combine. Stir in chocolate chunks and pecans
- Roll into 1 inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cool in pan for 2 minutes. Transfer to cooling sheets and allow to cool completely.